Welcome!

I decided to create this blog, to replace my old one I had and was losing interest in and thinking and having things to post. Looking at my stats, I saw there was a lot of interest in my recipes I had posted. I do love to cook and have lots of recipes to talk about and post, and so decided to create this blog specifically for those of us that love to create in the kitchen! I hope you will follow this blog and be sure to tell your friends and family if you like what you see here. If you have a recipe you wish to submit, email me at jcdec63@msn.com and I will post it. Thanks for visiting! Granny J :D

Thursday, June 9, 2011

A South of the Border Appetizer!

Jalapeno Poppers
12-24 medium sized jalapeno peppers
1 8oz package mix of shredded  Mexican cheese(Kraft usually has)
1-1 1/2lbs bacon
toothpicks
latex gloves
cooking oil(I like using canola, or coconut or sunflower for this)
Put on gloves...I wouldn't try this without unless you want to thoroughly wash and scrub, and wash and scrub over and over about 5 or 6 times after handling these peppers!  Easier to wear gloves...
keeping stem on, carefully slice a section in the pepper and take out all the seeds, rinsing afterward.  Don't do too much of a slice or it will not hold together.  Just enough so you can put your cheese in.  Next, put just enough cheese to fill pepper.  Take one slice of bacon,(or if you prefer 1/2 slice), and wrap snugly around pepper.  Attach a toothpick to hold onto pepper.  Do the same procedure to all your peppers.  Next, having heated your oil up in your skillet or fryer, slowly add about 5 or 6 peppers to oil; cook until bacon is browned.  This is my husbands recipe, and most popper recipes use cream cheese, but this is a really good flavor too, and I think I like this one better!  Make sure you have some bread lying around to soak up the heat in your mouth from these! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment